Q: Why should we book as a group instead of individually?
A: When you book as a group we are blocking off rooms at the resort and seats on the airplane for each member of your group, ensuring everyone will be paying the same rate. When you book online you will have to pay the full amount of your trip up front. But, by booking as a group, you will pay a small deposit of approximately $200 per person. From there, you can decide to pay off your trip all at once or make smaller payments over the next few months. Perhaps the most beneficial reason to book together is the fact that I will be looking after each reservation individually. I will arrange flights, book rooms, schedule roundtrip airport transfers, be the liaison between the travel supplier, and answering any questions or concerns you or your guests may have.
Q:: Do you charge any fees?
A: Yes, on some of my specific wedding packages and in certain situations I do. Please see my price list page for a complete list of fees.
Q: How do you earn your income?
A: After you have returned from your trip, I am compensated in the form of commission by the travel supplier. Did you know that when you book your own all-inclusive vacation, you are already paying for that commission in the price you pay! When you don't use an agent, the company just takes a larger cut of that commission. I would love your business!
Q: What happens after you've given me my three free quotes?
A: After these quotes have been given and you are wanting to see more options, I implement a "plan to travel fee". This fee is used like a deposit. When you book your trip through me, the fee will be taken off your final balance. But, if you decide to postpone planning your trip, the fee gives me compensation for my time and research I have invested into your vacation. Remember, I only get paid once you have returned home from your trip! :)
Q: Is a destination wedding actually affordable?
A: Destination weddings can be very affordable especially when you are comparing it to a traditional wedding in Canada. However, there are a few things to take into consideration such as travel, accommodations, any extras you would like at your wedding, extra baggage costs (if needed). Also, large wedding groups with over 20 guests will cost more than smaller groups. Most wedding packages cater to 10 - 20 guests on average. Above that number there will be extra costs associated. Research, ask questions, and be realistic with your budget and expectations!
Q: What does the booking process of a destination wedding look like?
A: Please see my section on destination weddings, it will all be explained there!
Q: Why should I use you, a Travel Advisor, instead of booking my own travel online?
- Personalized service. When booking a trip through me, you can feel comfortable knowing I am the only agent you will be dealing with. I run and own my own home-based travel agency. This means I am always available to you and I will go that extra mile to make your holiday perfect. I want to build a personal relationship with you and learn what you want and value in your travel.
- Saving you time. I do all the work for you. On average, I will save you 8+ hours of your valuable time by doing all the research you would normally have to do on your own.
- Expert help. I am an expert at what I do. I am able to support you and guide you when it comes to planning your vacation or destination wedding. I have several tools at my fingertips that will help you choose the best dates, the best location for what you are looking for, and the best resorts!
- Value. Helping you find the best value is where I can really help. My goal is not to find you the cheapest trip I can find - if all that really matters to you is saving a bit of money, you may be better off looking on your own. But, if you want to feel like you've been taken care of, are valued as a client, and can feel absolutely confident you are going to have an amazing trip - that's what I'm here for!
- Support Network. "I haven't been everywhere but it's on my list" - Susan Sontag. While I most certainly haven't been everywhere, I have a huge network of other travel professionals I am able to ask questions and gain personal feedback via a trusted source.
- TICO - "Travel Industry Council of Ontario". Home agents that are registered with an Ontario based agency, such as TravelOnly, are held to high standards and are able to protect your travel. In the event of an airline or supplier going out of business, you will be protected financially.
Q: Why should I use you rather than a large corporation who handles hundreds of weddings a year?
A: I'm a home-based travel agent. This means you will be working one-on-one with me, not a large centre with numerous employees. I will always have your best interest at heart and will go out of my way to make sure you are happy and excited! I take on only a few couples per year to ensure I have enough time to focus on each of my clients. I am efficient, organized, reliable, and will always give you my honest opinion based on my own experiences. I can and will alleviate a lot of stress off you, the couple, by arranging and taking care of each guest travelling in your group. I will treat them as if they are my only client and I will be there to answer any questions or concerns they may have, as well as take care of all travel arrangements at no extra cost. Being a destination bride myself, I understand the stress of not knowing where to begin. I am here to make the planning process as easy and as simple as possible by doing all the work for you.